Thursday, March 28, 2013

Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing

I might not have grown up in Texas, but I lived there most of my life.  For the past 2 years I've been in the Seattle area and boy do I miss Tex-Mex.  I'm not really a big cook, but I have perfected the Chuy's creamy jalapeno ranch dressing.  I will share my recipe with you in today's blog post.

First off here's a list of ingredients. (I will warn you, I'm southern and exact measurements are not my style...but I'll try my best).  Please note: this is a half batch.

Uncle Dan's Ranch mix - half package which is 3 tsp of mix
Real Mayonnaise - 1 cup
Sour Cream - 1 cup
Handful of cilantro (take off the big steams)
Regular Jalapenos - 2 Tbs, chopped
Pickled Jalapenos - 2 Tbs, sliced
Pickled Jalapeno Juice - 1 Tbs


Add the mayo, sour cream, and ranch mix to a bowl and mix well.


Chop the cilantro as best you can...really just make sure the steams and larger leaves are chopped.


Add ranch mixture, cilantro, and all jalapenos and juice to a good mixer.


Liquify until there are no chunks of jalapenos left (unless you want them).


Pour over your salad, dip your veggies or chips, or simply dip a cracker.  I will warn you, this will not last long!


No comments:

Post a Comment